This is a simple light salad that is great served with salmon or spice foods (and the sweet green chili sauce). The sliced cucumber is cooling and crunchy - you can also bulk it up with a handful or two of rocket.
1 continental cucumber
¼ red onion
handful coriander leaves
2 tbl garlic balsamic
dressing (see dressings section)
- Peel most of the green off cucumber.
- Using the peeler, peel strips off cucumber length ways, stopping when you get to seeds. Keep turning cucumber as you peel.
- Finely slice the red onion.
- Pick off the leaves from coriander.
- Gently toss together with the garlic balsamic dressing.
Note | Go easy on the balsamic dressing, about two tablespoons should do. Make sure you taste and adjust as necessary.