Salad full of colour and will quickly become a family favourite. Serve with guacamole and grilled chicken for a quick delicious dinner.
Sour cream dressing
½ cup sour cream
2 tbsp milk
½ juice of lemon
1 crushed garlic
1 bunch of chives. chopped
1 red onion
1 continental cucumber
1 red capsicum
500g cherry tomatoes
4 ears of corn
5 sprigs thyme
100g baby rocket
200g plain corn chips
- Mix sour cream ingredients together.
- Set aside.
- Cook corn cobs in microwave in its leaves for 3 minutes, or strip leaves and char-grill on BBQ until cooked.
- Thinly slice red onion.
- Peel and roughly chop cucumber. Roughly chop red capsicum.
- Slice cherry tomatoes in half (or quarter if they are large).
- Using a knife, take kernels off cobs (once cool enough to handle).
- Mix salad together, adding leaves from thyme.
- Gently mix dressing through salad, adding rocket and corn chips just prior to serving.
Finely chop chives
Mix garlic, chives, lemon, sour cream and milk together to make dressing.
Cook corn on BBQ or in microwave for 3 minutes, when cool remove kernels off cob
Thinly slice red onion
Peel and roughly chop cucumber
Cut cherry tomatoes in half
Add thyme leaves
Toss salad, combine with salad dressing
Gently add in rocket and corn chips just prior to serving